Monday - Thursday: 9:00 - 2:00
168 NE 8th Avenue
Hillsboro, OR 97124
2 Blocks North of Tuality Hospital/8th Avenue Max Stop
The Spire Newsletter
2016 Winter Preview
2016 Winter Building Community News
Click here for directions
Welcome to Hillsboro United Methodist Church! If you are searching for deeper meaning in your life that includes lasting relationships, spiritual growth and service to the world you have come to the right place. We offer a safe place in which to ponder important life questions within an atmosphere of support. Our hearts, our minds and our doors are open. We hope that as you visit with us that you will find a place to call home.
United Methodist Women
- The organized unit of the United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Calendar of Scheduled Unit Meetings and Program Topics
The Hillsboro unit of United Methodist Women meets monthly from September through April, with special events in May and June. Meetings are held at the church, except as noted, on the first Wednesday of each month at 10 a.m., beginning with coffee. Upcoming programs include these:
- April 1: "Food to Families: Using Responsible Farming Practices" by Lindsy Rich
- May 6: Annual Mothers and Others Dessert 7:00 pm
- June 3: Ladies Lunch Out at 11:30 am.
- August 6-9: Mission U at Alton L Collins Retreat Center, Sandy Oregon.
- September 9: "Ministers to the Japanese Community" by Nancie Stout
- October 7: "New Methodist Church Outreach in Oregon" By Rev. Steven Ross
- October 24: Conference Annual UMW Meeting, Tigard, Oregon.
- November 4: "The Gay Marriage Issue" By Rev. Dick Gay.
- December 2: "The Real Christmas Spirit" By Barbara Schultz
- December 5: Cookies 'n' More
Two circles, smaller groups for fellowship and study, also meet monthly.
- Miriam Circle meets the second Wednesday at 9:30. Chairperson: FMarilyn Heard, 503-648-2874.
- Love Circle meets the second Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. Chairperson: Linda Cornish. 503-648-7684.
All women of the church are cordially invited to attend all UMW events.
- President - Marilyn Turnbull
- Co-Vice Presidents - Carla Harris and Sunny Iboshi
- Secretary - Audrey Greenlee
- Treasurer - Barbara Endecott
- Cookies 'n' More
For any questions or comments, please contact the webmaster